Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ugh

Since coming back from vacation and being back at work (the whopping two days), I've realized precisely how much of my frustration and unhappiness has been stemming from my job.  I've known I haven't been completely happy there for a while and that I should move on,  but when I was just living my life and dealing with it day after day, I really couldn't identify how strong of an impact it was having on me.  But after coming back from vacation to find I am dreading every single morning and every single hour that drags, it is impossible to ignore just how bad the situation has gotten.  This job is not worth this level of stress and dissatisfaction.

I am not one of those people who lives for my work.  I never will be nor do I want to be, and so accordingly, I don't look for that kind of career or for a job where I will constantly competing at a cut-throat level to move forward.  That said, I am motivated and a hard worker and willing to go to pretty extreme levels to do a good job.  But not when it's not worth it - not when I'm being made unhappy by the work I'm in.

And thus, the job search begins!  Time to get my resume out, updated, and polished.  Time to juggle interviews around when I can get off work without creating chaos or suspicion.  Time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment