Friday, October 8, 2010

Some Important Messages

I'm sure most people are aware now of the "It Gets Better" PSA's that are going on, but here is one of my favorites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GGAgtq_rQc

I think sharing a personal story is one of the most effective ways to reach out to people, especially kids.  Yes, there's still always going to be an element of "But you don't know how bad it is for me"and that's true.  No one can know but you -but once you start sharing and talking....it gets easier.  It's no longer so lonely.  Talking and sharing my struggles is one of my weakest points, I'll admit it, but it is so, so important.  For you and for the people in your life.

Second message:
http://www.signsofsuicide.org/
Please keep in mind, there is a very clear and pretty extreme bias here

I don't agree with everything in that message, but it brings up an important point - while I do depend on medication, I am not in agreement with the overprescription that abounds in the US and while these drugs are here to help, you've always got to keep in mind that they are not the only option and they are being delivered by companies who are out to make money.

Basically, the central message of the day:
It's really really important to think hard about all the choices you make for your life.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment